Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Matt, 1992 Mazda MVP 6 cylinder. Hold light is flashing on

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 1992 Mazda MVP 6 cylinder. Hold light is flashing on the instrument panel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
1st time on this didn't know it would send you to make a deposit that quick.Besides the Hold light flashing the engine light is on. I started the van changed selector into drive it stated to go then stalled. Turned it off started it again 2 more times same thing happened. The 3 time it stayed running with engine light on and Hold light flashing made it home.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the hold light is flashing as well as the check engine light is coming that means the computer is seeing a system fault and when that happens the computer will set ans tore a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you with this.