peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2008 Mazda Cx-7. It has a keyless entry system.

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2008 Mazda Cx-7. It has a keyless entry system.
Driver door does not unlock or lock all doors. Passenger door and hatch unlock and lock all doors except driver door. Driver door has to be locked using key. I was sold a door actuator which was not the correct part, returned the part and was sold a door lock motor.
Installed door lock motor, still have the same problem.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Inspect the wiring inside the door to the lock/latch assembly and see if any wiring is found to be broken or damaged in any way needing repaired or replaced.If this is checked or was checked and found o.k. inspect the wiring leading from the body to the door at the door hinge area for any damage to it.If a fault is found with any of the wiring the affected wiring will need repaired to correct this here.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete