Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

I replaced the BCM in my 07 Mazda 6. since then the turn

Customer Question

I replaced the BCM in my 07 Mazda 6. since then the turn signals no longer flash when the car is locked or unlocked remotely.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a wire issue that fried the BCM. The replacement unit was off an identical vehicle but had one digit difference in part #. I think it caused my issues I am having now.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 8 months ago.

Hi. When you replace a BCM you need to download the information from the old one and install it into the new one to make sure you have the same info and programming for your vehicle. The other vehicle may not have had keyless entry.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Clearly this is not helpful as I previously stated the original BCM was damaged due to a wire issue. I hope this site will refund the money that I have been charged.