Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I have a 2004 Mazda tribute es v6 3.0 the catalytic

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Mazda tribute es v6 3.0 the catalytic Converter on front glows red so I replaced it with another used one I took off the y pipe under neath ran it and front one gets really red inside out i can see from bottom back one does not and has new egr and don't seem to have a bunch of pick up speed
And have no engine codes
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

A converter will turn red from being restricted or from excessive fuel. Excessive fuel can be from an injector stuck open, burnt valve, misfires. At idle is there a misfire occurring? Have you scoped the fuel injectors signal? Have you ran an injector flow test?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I check a fuel injector be stuck open
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took the intake off and have my son start the car but I didn't see no fuel at the fuel dumping

A noid light plugged up in place of the injectors checking for a flashing light not a constant light is the first injector test. Then a scan tool is needed to check the flow rate and bleed down rate.

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris