rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Will not start when hot

Customer Question

Will not start when hot
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

An overheated crank sensor or fuel pump armature will cause this. These can both be tested and confirmed with a lab scope. I can also send you graphs of how they should look if you like.

Thanks, Ron