EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Auto Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership experienceASE Certified L1-L2
34559540

How difficult is it to replace a Mazda-3 Hood and passenger

Customer Question

How difficult is it to replace a Mazda-3 Hood and passenger side front quarter panel that were both pre-painted? Can I do it?
Kevin - Owner
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
2005 4 door sedan
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 10 months ago.

Hi. You should be able to replace the hood and fender on your own.

I do have access to the Mazda workshop manual procedure for doing this if that is something you would be interested in.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would be interested in the Mazda Workshop Manual procedure

No problem. The website offers unlimited PDF files to be transferred to you from the workshop manual for an additional 10 dollar fee. You can then save or print the PDF's. Are you interested in that?

You dont have to have the pdfs. You need to remove the front bumper cover. The front headlights. The inner fender splash shield. Then you can remove the fender.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Great that sounds straight forward enough for me to takle. With regard to the hood, any pointers on removing replacing?Thank you

You are welcome. The only tip with the hood is to dont tighten it completely and close it loosely to make sure the gaps will line up then tighten it down.

Thank you for viewing my response on 3/17/2016 at 9:11:51 AM 3 day(s) ago. Please let me know if you have any more questions on this and also rate my service to you. Thanks and have a great day.