rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

It won't fire when starting, I bought this car and I drove

Customer Question

It won't fire when starting
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I bought this car and I drove it, it drove fine then I cut it off and it won't start again had a new fuel pump put on and it still won't start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Gonna have to
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: I don't think so. It passes that inspection gadget
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
You may be losing your spark due to a bad crank sensor. Check for spark when this happens.

Thanks, Ron