peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My Mazda CX-7 is surging really bad under hard acceleration/

Customer Question

Hi my Mazda CX-7 is surging really bad under hard acceleration/ high boost
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Only surges when under hard acceleration normal driving anything under 3000rpm it dosnt do it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: In plugged 02 sensor didn't make a difference and changed the wasgate
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Yes I recently changed the turbo
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here can be caused by a fault with a leak with the turbo boost system components and all turbo components need checked to see if any leaks are found needing repaired.I have also seen this type of fault caused by an issue with a lack of fuel.If you have not had the fuel system tested this should be done.I have seen a restricted fuel filter cause this issue as well as a weak fuel pump/injection pump needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could it be the waste gate it's not 100% straight it also some times has the chatter noise of the flap

It is possible especially if it looks like it may be damaged in any way.This would have to be tested further to be sure this is the cause here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete