Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have Mazda CX-7 2008. How can I replace the turbocharger?

Customer Question

Hi, I have Mazda CX-7 2008. How can I replace the turbocharger?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I need to replace turbocharger.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mazda Mechanic should know about your Mazda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Mazda Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I need all steps that I need to do also the things before I start to replace it.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** is a 6 hour job book rate, the intake manifold needs to be removed. Here are instructions to replace from manual, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7zob276rbb2sk3/tr1.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rl5aksqxm7ylpv4/tr2.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you tell me which tools I need?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

A basic socket set, screwdriver set, pliers, and torque wrench should be pretty much all you need. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
What do I need to do before replacing the turbo?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Disconnect battery otherwise there is nothing else you need to do besides follow the steps. It is going to take awhile but you should be able to get it done. I wouldn't recommend trying if you have never worked on a vehicle before. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.