sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have 2009 mazda 6 with red push button and red key light

Customer Question

I have 2009 mazda 6 with red push button and red key light on dash and car wont star, so called fail safe mode...Second time this happened, first time brought it to the dealers, showed no trouble codes so they just reflashed the ecu and progrmmed keys.But it happened again and so heres my question: is it possible to reprogram the keys and flash the ecu if I have mazda ids software and vcm and how is it done?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First step would be this https://euroesi.mazda.co.jp/esicont/eu_eng/mazda3/20110724140058/html/id0921008025z5.html So I hope you can provide me a pcm number My vin is JMZGH19A601236691.Then I wil also need pats number but I think I can get it on my own.Hope you can guide me after the first step is done.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Keys would never lose programming unless there is a failure in the module they are programmed to.

You do have a factory scan tool now? Does it not show a valid key is in the vehicle and there are no fault codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont have vehicle near me, I will go and check it later, but wouldnt I still need a pcm number to turn the ignition on?

A dealer would have to supply any codes necessary after verifying vehicle ownership.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ah I hoped you could provide me the code since I talked to the dealeship but their techic has been sick all week so I lost my patience and thought I'll try my luck in here...

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that vehicle ownership is verified in person before releasing radio or security system code and they prohibit public online posting of codes. A service writer or parts department personnel would be the ones to obtain security related codes, that's where a technician at a dealer would obtain them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen when mazda as built data has been posted here before, why isnt it possible now?

I'm not able to personally obtain security and sensitive information but I can attempt to help diagnose the actual problem. In any event, secured information shouldn't be posted but sometimes is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would you please make my question available to another experts so I could still get pcm number and as built data?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 days has past and still no answer.Anyway a little update: managed to get pcm module data to force the ignition on like described here: http://nema.club/2014wsm/workshop%20manual/n6w09/html/id092100802500.html but dont know what to do next on IDS.I talked to the nearby mazda service to find out what they did the first time to get the car running, and they said they programmed the keys so the immo would reckon them again and thats pretty much it.So nows the question how to program the smart keys on IDS so theyd be reckognized again by the immo?Would I still need any as built data or anything else?Hope to get answer soon...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dont know why the links I post here says they cant find the page...anyway if you google "mazda forced ignition on" then you see why I needed the pcm data...