peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My 2007 Mazda started & I drove it 40 miles & parked it. I

Customer Question

My 2007 Mazda started & I drove it 40 miles & parked it. I noticed that the engine sounded louder than usual when it started this morning. It was parked for an hour but will not start now. It does turn over. Has the batter + & - displaying & check engine displaying when I tried to start it.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and make sure the engine oil level is at the proper level and if found low top off the engine oil and see if it then starts and runs from there.If this is o.k. and the engine is cranking over with the starter but is not starting this can be an issue with the fuel pump itself being weak needing replaced.I have seen low fuel pressure cause this type of fault here due to a weak fuel pump.I would have the fuel pressure tested to see if the fuel pump is the cause here as well as the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this is done if any codes are set they would need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.If there is an issue with low fuel pressure this can be the fuel pump itself at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete