Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

I have this P1524 and PO303 P1402 and P1540 codes These 4

Customer Question

Hey i have this P1524 and PO303 P1402 and P1540 codes These 4 codes automatically set the instance the car is started i am certain i only have one problem because of the PO303 is cylinder # ***** i have seen it through many problem codes a million times in the past and always turns out to be 1 thing causing the problem of all 4 so i erased all codes and come back up with these 4 codes however it dose not actually have a bad miss till the car gets to Normal Operating temp. So any help here would be greatly appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: If you will read the first message i gave you every detail about it in the last message
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Year Make .Model ,engine .

How many miles ,

When was the last service done and what was done .

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The car is a 01 Mazda Millenia 2.3L SC. 167K mils. And the last service work was done 2 days ago new plugs & coils & the plug wire's also Timing belt
Expert:  Greg replied 9 months ago.

Hi .

First let work on the codes that you have .

Would not surprise me if this started happened after the work was done then i would have the shop that did the work check the vacuum hose routes ..this would cause you aqll the issue you are now having.

Detection Conditions

• Actual charged-air pressure is higher than target charged-air pressure by 19.7 kPa or more
  • ECU reduces charged-air pressure but air temperature sensor (on the Lysholm compressor) does not indicate a drop to 150 degrees C or below

Diagnostic Support Notes

• This is a continuous monitor (CCM)
  • Check engine indicator illuminates if the ECU detects the above malfunction condition during two drive cycles
  • PENDING CODE is available
  • FREEZE FRAME DATA is available
  • DTC is stored in ECU memory

Possible Causes

• ABV actuator malfunction
  • ABV vacuum control solenoid valve malfunction
  • ABV vent control solenoid valve malfunction
  • Intercooler bypass valve actuator is stuck closed
  • Intercooler bypass solenoid valve malfunction
  • MAP sensor malfunction
  • MAP sensor solenoid valve malfunction
  • ABV system related vacuum hose is restricted or leaking
  • Intake air temperature (Lysholm compressor) sensor malfunction
  • Lysholm compressor malfunction
  • ECU malfunction

P1524 - Charged-air cooler (CAC) bypass solenoid valve circuit malfunction..

1402 - Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valve position sensor circuit malfunction

As you said this is possible with these codes that the issue is one thing ,which i think is just a bad routed vacuum hose .

Have the shop that did the work check this for you .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.