Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I'm ***** *****. Is there a bleeder valve in a 2008 Mazda m3

Customer Question

Hello I'm ***** *****. Is there a bleeder valve in a 2008 Mazda m3 cooling system?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Was having over heating issues and had changed out the thermostat and water pump and still having over heating issues. Gonna change out the temp sensor tomorrow and use blue devil as I'm having power issues now. Though NO white smoke or milky substance in the oil. So I'm hoping I haven't blown a head gasket or engine block.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Is anyone still there?
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

lets bleed the system this way,,this is the most effective way that i know

1-remove the radiator/reservoir cap when the engine is cold

2-start the engine and let idle

3-turn the heater on max

4-keep coolant on hand and add it as needed

5-spme coolant may gush out with the air

6-keep doing this until the engine is at operating tempeture and the heater is hot

7-after the coolant settles down and the engine is warm,,install the cap

This may take as long as 20-30 minutes

if it still overheats after doing this,,i would think that the problem is the head gasket

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
no bleeder valve is your answer?

no bleeder on this one..

thanks