internal88
internal88, Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years of automotive experience and diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

Clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without engaging.

Customer Question

clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor without engaging. Clutch is less than a year old and less than 10k miles on it. Car has been sitting out in the cold in Denver since November. It was running fine them. Filled clutch fluid but this dint help the problem. Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Depends on what it might be
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: It's a 2000 with abut 96,000 miles on it. Generally very well cared for
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  internal88 replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Brandon - Mazda tech.
It is the slave clutch cylinder that has an internal leak. A new replacement unit is required to fix it. You will also need to bleed out the clutch system as well so no trapped air is inside the pressure line.

The slave cylinder is under $100.

Please rate me positive for the prompt service, thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
But it's new. How can it be leaking?

The clutch and the slave cylinder is two different units. Unless you are telling me the master and slave cylinder were changed along with the clutch job. Is this true?