Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

The low beam headlights arent working
, but the ghbeams

Customer Question

the low beam headlights arent working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: but the highbeams are working
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried checking some fuses but I haven't found one that needs to be replaced.
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: Its a 2003 Tribute
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** most likely means the headlamp switch has failed. Unplug headlamp switch and ground the light green/black wire, if low beams turn on you need to replace the headlight switch. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm not sure where the headlamp switch is, how would I find it? What would it be connected to?
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

It is knob on column you use to turn on headlights. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.