Amedee
Amedee, Mazda Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2001 mazda B2300 pulled code p0171
, It drives but

Customer Question

2001 mazda B2300 pulled code p0171
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It drives but really lacks power
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $28 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Amedee replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. This condition is most likley caused by a bad mass air flow sensor or a bad oxygen sensor. Just be sure to check for plugged exhaust and check the fuel pressure to ensure it is within specs.