Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

The Mazda CX 9 we have has an alarm that is going off

Customer Question

the Mazda CX 9 we have has an alarm that is going off for no reason. one set of keys had a steady red light. So we switched to our reserve set of keys. but every five minutes it goes off. no reason visiable
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mazda. The Mazda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: switching keys
JA: Is there anything else the Mazda Mechanic should be aware of about your Mazda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mazda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: are you real?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, any issues with the immobilizer/anti theft system preventing it from starting, or just an issue of the alarm going off randomly

I also need the year of your CX9 in order to pull the correct schematics