Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

P1512 code...no check engine light.
, tried to pass

Customer Question

p1512 code...no check engine light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tried to pass smog and the tech said it was a cat converter. I ran the diagnostic and it came up with p1512 code. I erased the code and right now it says no dtc's. seems intermittent. A couple months ago the chk eng light came on and then after a few miles went off and I never had the light again. There is a possibility that I just needed to clear the codes but am unsure.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  SuperDave replied 9 months ago.

What year and model Mazda do you have?