rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Mazda 3 2005. Turns over but no start 11 different obd2

Customer Question

Mazda 3 2005. Turns over but no start 11 different obd2 codes. No control voltage to fuel pump relay. Pump works when jumpered. Sounds like an electric harness issue to effect that many codes all at once. Suggestions?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The computer is what ground the circuit to run the pump. Check all powers and grounds before replacing the computer.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Can you be more specific? What could cause 11 codes all at once?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

A bad ground or a defective computer. Clear all the codes and see if any and which ones return.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did that twice, same codes returned
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

We're going in circles now:)