Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Ed, My 2003 Madza MPV stalls suddenly while driving.

Customer Question

Ed, My 2003 Madza MPV stalls suddenly while driving. Sometime it will restart right away other times it will not.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No check engine lights. It stalls upon application of the brakes to stop the car or it stalls at times when slowing down to stop.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

When it stales and will not start are you loosing spark, injector pulse or fuel pressure?

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. If you can check each one of these things for me and post back with which one you are lacking I will try and help you determine the cause.