sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Had to disconnect the battery on a 1993 Mazda RX 7 that I

Customer Question

Had to disconnect the battery on a 1993 Mazda RX 7 that I just purchased. It had been sitting for a few years and the battery as dead and would not take a charge.Now the radio anti theft code is locked out. How do I reset the code, so that I may put in my own code?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It sounds like you don't have the correct code and want to clear it and program your own? If that's the case that isn't something that can be done in the field. Radio repair facilities such as United Radio have the capability with their programming equipment in most cases to remove or alter security codes but there isn't a way to change or remove a radio code by a user. If you don't have the correct code I would recommend www.radio-code.com or you can see your dealer with the VIN, serial and proof of vehicle ownership and they will be able to give it to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
you don't have a clue

About what?