Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2006 mazda 6...transmission aways in limp mode..6 speed

Customer Question

2006 mazda 6...transmission aways in limp mode..6 speed automatic 3.0 motor..pulled trans no real damage except for the drum where the band applies...replaced that...put a whole seal kit in...check all the linear solinoids ohm checked ok...so l replaced the whole valve body... by the way the car came in with this problem....no trans codes but has a knock sensor code and not charging..wonder if this has anything to do with it..tried anot her tran module buT still the same checkled all powe and grounds ..all solinoids read no amps on the scanner...any thoughts
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). All experts are independent contractors here at Just Answer none are employees, we do not get a paycheck or benefits from JA. We work for the customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

What signs are you getting the transaxle is in limp mode when there are no codes?

Did you do anything to address the charging system and knock sensor codes since all electrical and engine concerns must be resolved prior to diagnosing a trans concern.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I only receive a portion of your deposit when you rate. If you do not rate or rate bad, the website keeps all of the deposit you have already paid.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris