peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport purchased in November 2009 in

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport purchased in November 2009 in Canada. Bluetooth has been working fine since I purchased the car. Yesterday morning I noticed the car was not paired with my phone. When I go into the voice menu I get part way to the pairing option and the voice menu quits. I have tried setting up the pairing several times over the past couple of days with the car cold and after running for a while and the menu quits at random places in the process. Can anything be done at the owner level such as a system reset? Battery was replaced just over a year ago so it hasn't been disconnected recently. Temperature has been down to -10C or lower over the last few days but the car has gone through several winters now. Any assistance would be appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Nothing else is wrong, Entertainment system and display work fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure I can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the blue tooth system in the head unit itself.I have seen these fail before similar to this here and had to replace the head unit.In some cases a dealer can check and update the software to try and correct this here but if this doesnt work then it usually requires replacement to resolve this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete