Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Is there any Mazda mechanics available?

Customer Question

Hello, is there any Mazda mechanics available?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  piciu82 replied 10 months ago.

There's no need to mark them. Do you have timing procedure for this car ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your reply.
I have a doubt about this, because there is a caution in the factory manual, that they have to be marked before VVT actuator is removed from the intake camshaft. (see attach)
I am also wondering, that VVT actuator needs an oil pressure to its vanes in order to work. So, how the oil pressure meets those vanes inside the VVT actuator? (Is there oil feed line in the camshaft and the VVT actuator, which needs to be aligned?)
Can you justify, why there is no need to mark the VVT actuator position to the camshaft?
Expert:  piciu82 replied 10 months ago.

oil goes through the middle off camshaft, aligning of vvt its not required,

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for the reply.
I have a couple of questions about this:
1. I still have a doubt about the oil feed holes. Are you 100% sure, that there is no need to align VVT actuator oil feed holes to the camshaft holes? (see red arrows in pic attached)
2. You mentioned the timing procedure for this car earlier. Could you send that information to me?