sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

SULAIMAN
, HAVE PROBLEM FIXING THE TIMING CHAIN OF THE

Customer Question

Customer: SULAIMAN
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: HAVE PROBLEM FIXING THE TIMING CHAIN OF THE MAZDA 6 V6 ENGINE
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What year and model is the vehicle you're working on and what size engine do you have?

What problem are you having replacing the timing chain?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
THE YEAR IS 2005 MODEL MAZDA6 V6 ENGINE, I JUST CHANGE THE CRANKSHAFT, OIL PUMP AND METAL THAT IS BELIEVED TO BE FAULTY AND NOW THE MECHANIC HAVING COUPLED THE ENGINE TOGETHER AND DECIDED TO START IT BUT IT THE VEHICLE WOULDN'T EVEN START.. THE MECHANIC BELIEVES PROBABLY THE TIMING CHAIN WASN'T SET PROPERLY..

Was compression found to be low?

Is cam/crank sync shown to be out of sync on a scan tool?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
IM IN NIGERIA, THE MECHANIC HERE DO NOT USE SCAN TOOL, I JUST NEED THE POSSIBLE WAYS TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM THEN I CAN RELATE IT TO THEM

A scan tool is required for repair of most systems on all modern vehicles. The first step in diagnosing a no start condition is checking for fault codes.

Was compression found to be low? I'm trying to determine why they believe cam timing is incorrect.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I DIDNT ASK THEM IF COMPRESSION IS LOW OR NOT... APART FROM COMPRESSION WHAT ELSE COULD BE THE POSSIBLE FAULT

There are dozens of things that will cause a no start condition. It could be a cam or crank sensor issue, wiring, the engine controller itself, blown fuses, lack of fuel pressure due to a wiring problem or failed pump, fuel contamination, a restricted catalytic converter, valve damage; there are dozens of things that could be going on.

What testing has been done and what were the findings?