Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2009 Mazda6 with both a center console phone

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Mazda6 with both a center console phone charger/etc connector and dash aux connector. I found a very small fuse holder on the floor of my car with a 1 amp cylinder type fuse. The fuse holder is a black screw in type and maybe a Quarter inch in diameter.
Neither of the Ayx outlets work and none of the fuses in the box inside the car or engine compartment are blown, but...
I cannot see or figure out where this tiny screw-in fuse holder came from.
I've looked all in and around the center console and that area and under the dash and still nothing.
I realize it's really small and maybe I'm just missing it.
I see nothing in the 4oo page owners manual about a tiny fuse holder like this or the rebuild book I bought when it was published after the car was produced as I like doing my own work when possible on my cars...
And idea where this darn thing goes..?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 10 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Its not OEM. If I had to guess I would say someone probably had an aftermarket alarm or something at some point and this was leftover.. maybe zip tied somewhere or something and just finally made its way loose.