Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I'm ***** *****. I'm having same issue as this article. Had

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm ***** *****. I'm having same issue as this article. Had it diagnosed as the motor for selecting the different vents is working, but the arm is not moving the door to the commanded position
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pretty much the vent is stuck at face level only. Can not select floor or defrost levels.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Provide Diagrams, Manuals, or Instructions. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I'm trying to do this all myself. It's difficult to tell what the actuator motor/lever is without doing trial and error to figure it out. For example, I just grabbed the temp control lever and after repositioning it, figured it out when I had got a blast of cold air in my face on this chilly day that i wasnt expecting! Can you provide a diagram or picture to simply show what I'm looking for, what to move or disconnect, and some simple instructions? Again the car is a 2006 Mazda 6 V6.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to try and help you with your air flow concern we need to know what year and model your Mazda is . If you can post back with this information I will try and help you with this.