sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2008 CX 7 and the code P2006 came up about a month

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 2008 CX 7 and the code P2006 came up about a month ago. I took it to dealer and they replaced the IMRC. Drove it a day or two and it came on again. Took it back but they didn't find the code so I drove for 2 more weeks before it came on again. Took it back last week and they replaced the actuator. Drove it one day and it came on again. I have erased it every day and it just keeps coming back with same code. Dealer can't figure it out.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just did
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $24) to post your type of question to Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This code sets when the swirl valve is commanded to move and doesn't. The problem may be that the valve isn't actually moving due to a mechanical issue, the actuator isn't moving it, or it could be a switch issue. The valve's position is monitored by a switch on the end of the intake opposite the actuator.

If the actuator has been replaced then it's going to be a wiring, valve or switch issue.

Was the intake itself replaced?