Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Mazda Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic
2617050

1987 rx7 turbo2 fc and i cant find the wire off the AFM that

Customer Question

Customer: 1987 rx7 turbo2 fc and i cant find the brown wire off the AFM that was deleted off the car before I bought it and I just installed an adaptronics ECU and need to wire the fuel pump through the AFM so the fuel pump will stay on when running. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: "To drive the fuel pump from the ECU, required if you are going to remove the air flow meter, cut the starter inhibitor wire and connect that wire from the ECU to the brown wire on the air flow meter connector" ... That's what it's telling me to do but I don't know what wires went to the AFM and the harness has been cut right at the firewall.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I just need to know what brown wire goes to the AFM
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
1987 rx7 turbo2 wire harness i have questions
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 10 months ago.

Hi, we should stay on your other post.