Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

I have a 2003 mazda 6 2.3. I took the throttle body off and

Customer Question

I have a 2003 mazda 6 2.3. I took the throttle body off and cleaned it with carb cleaner and then reinstalled it. After installing it I tried starting it and dash lights come on but wont turn over or anything to even start. Any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and at the starter with the key in the crank position see you have power at the starter on the black/red wire as well as the red/yellow wire. Both should be hot while trying to crank the engine over. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there. I have also enclosed the wiring diagram for the start circuit for reference. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/M%206%20Start%20Jan%2012.pdf