peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2010 mazda cx7 I purchased the car back in June

Customer Question

I have a 2010 mazda cx7 I purchased the car back in June 2015. I have been having the same problem for the last few months and no one seems to be able to solve my issue.
The car runs fine for a while, but then the engine and traction control light goes on.
once this goes on, the car will no longer accelerate. The car Is put into drive, the engine will rev but the car does not go anywhere. When the car is put into reverse the car makes this bang and then will go into reverse. I have had the car already towed twice to the dealer. Last Friday the same issue happened, and I had the car towed home. While on the flat bed, the front headlights kept going on and off ( the car is not running). The next morning the battery was dead. When I boosted the car, the engine and traction light was on, but this time the car would go forward, but not into reverse. the dealer has said they opened up a ticket with mazda Canada ( on Dec 28th), But still no answer. any idea?
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
BTW, the main computer has already been replaced twice.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This can be due to a fault with low voltage to the transmission and other electronics due to a loose or corroded battery cable possibly or an issue with the wiring to the computer itself that controls the engine and transmission.This does sound to be electrical since the fault does reset itself and this is the most common cause here in most cases.

If they do not see an issue with the charging and battery and all cables are o.k. the computer itself may be at fault with the wiring needing repaired or replaced.I would also have them make sure all wiring is o.k. leading to the transmission and if a fault is found then the wiring will need repaired to correct this here.In some cases if they are unable to duplicate the fault they may want to hold onto the vehicle for a day or more so they can duplicate it so they can locate and repair the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete