Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I bought a 2002 mazda 626 2.5 liter v6 recently. i bought it

Customer Question

Customer: i bought a 2002 mazda 626 2.5 liter v6 recently. i bought it knowing it may have some minor issues but was worth the price. when purchasing it, i did not have much time to investigate it and take a deeper look which was a bad idea. i have had it only a few weeks. i have put in a brand new battery, brand new spark plug, had to put in a custom built cold air intake because the intake assembly was shot out and broken with tears in the hose-line, also had to undo the giant "knot" of wires around the throttle cable caused by whoever did the top-end gasket job.. also had to splice a few wires that came out of important plugs associated with the intake and emissions system..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: right now my car is missing a vacuum line that is supposed to be attached to the top of the throttle body i also just performed a radiator fluid flush and clean out the system, and while doing so i found a hose with a nut in it, plugging it up.. which i assume is associated with the vacuum lines as well. just yesterday i noticed what i believe to be a minor leak in a gasket on the top end of the engine close to where the radiator antifreeze reservoir is... a tiny bit of oil is coming from it.. i have not driven the car a lot and am trying to only drive to places i need to go like the car parts store.. i bought some "stop leak" engine formula just last night as well as some ATF.. the tranny seemed to have an issue shifting the other day and after doing a quick check, it looked low.. havent put either of those is yet. my car is idling pretty bad.. sounds like it is choking a bit, and puttering, as if it is about to run out of gas.. but its full..
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i will be here available just looking for diagrams and such. if the money goes to the people such as your self, then i am happy to pay! do you accept paypal?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I assume you need a vacuum diagram to start with. I need to know the vin number in order to pull up the correct one and upload it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1YV6F22D325271675 I WENT TO A MECHANIC SHOP LAST NIGHT AND DID A DCT. CODES ARE P0171 P0173 APPARENTLY THE SYSTEM EXHAUST IS TOO LEAN. MECHANIC SAID THAT IS MOST LIKELY BEING CAUSED BY THE MISSING VACUUM LINE. I HAVE LOOKED ONLINE FOR THE RIGHT DIAGRAM, AND SO FAR HAVE COLLECTED ABOUT 7-10 DIFFERENT VACUUM DIAGRAMS, LOOKED ON SEVERAL BLOGS, TALKED WITH A FEW MECHANICS WHO LOOKED OVER MY ENGINE, I'VE PAID FOR A REPAIRSURGE PROGRAM THAT GIVES ME ACCESS TO THE OWNERS MANUAL, THE REPAIR AND TECHNICAL MANUALS, REPAIR SITES, ETC. I HAVE GONE TO AUTO SUPPLY SHOPS WHO DONT HAVE ANY INFORMATION OR KNOWLEDGE OF IT. I UPLOADED TWO PHOTOS. I JUST RECENTLY PRINTED OUT A FEW MORE DIAGRAMS OF THE PRC VALVE, EGR VALVE, VACUUM SYSTEM, COOLING SYSTEM, AIR INTAKE ASSEMBLY AND MANIFOLD, FUEL LINES, EXHAUST.. SO WHILE I WAIT FOR YOUR RESPONSE, I WILL BE MAPPING OUT THE ENGINE NAMING ALL THE SENSORS AND PARTS TO ENSURE NOTHING IS MISSING OR DISCONNECTED.. WHAT I HAVE DETERMINED IS THAT THE VEHICLE AT ONE POINT BLEW THE HEADS AND HAD A HEAD JOB ON IT WITH A NEW RADIATOR INSTALLED, BUT WHOEVER DID IT, DID VERY SLOPPY, AMATEUR WORK AND DIDN'T PUT EVERYTHING BACK PROPERLY.. IT WAS A MESS WHEN I FIRST STARTED GETTING INTO THE ENGINE WORK..
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

Ok, I have attached the vacuum routing diagram that is 3 dimensional and shows the routing quite well. I have highlighted the one coming off the back of the throttle body and where it goes

That may also be the one that is capped off as it is routed in that area. You need to trace that one and see if it goes to the purge solenoid valve. If it does, then you need a section of hose to go from the throttle body to the capped off section.

I would also use that diagram to physically trace each one and ensure they are routed correctly

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks