Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda 3 2013 computer issue

Customer Question

Mazda 3 2013 computer issue
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried plenty computer for my Mazda 3 2013 and still won't work. Who is fixing my car said is something going on with the cables connections that is not letting the computer start.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want to know what to do about that. What could be the most common error after car crashes the computer won't start.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
all the wiring connected to the main computer was changed and still not turn on the car.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the car can not be fixed? or there any solution?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time you replace the computer in your 2013 it requires programming or it will not start and run. Are you programming the new computers. If so then post back with a complete description of the type of problem you are having and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello, well before the car accident the computer and cable connection worked pretty fine. After the car accident A mechanic friend has been trying for more that 3 months to fix the problem so he tried to connect another computer but nothing happen. Then he got a new computer and new cable connection and he replaced of the old ones, I don't know if he is lying to me. But as far as I know if you replace the entire cable connection of the car that are connected to the computer and a brand new computer the car must start but he keep saying. I can't find the problem of why is not letting the computer go on. I am really desperate I need this car to be fixed
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

When he replaced these computers, did he have them programmed for your car? If not the car will not start. Sounds to me like he may not know what hes doing. I would consider finding a shop that does.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
To program the computer needs to be connected to the car and wires. And some dealer tried but not working. If the car have electronic problem these can be fixed or not
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Yes the computer will need to be installed to do the programming. If you have a dealer doing the programming and it will not take , they should be able to determine the cause and correct it so it will program. It will not start and run with out programming.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the dealer already tried to do the programming to the mazda computer but they said is not working. because some cable needed to be replaced. and the cables they are already replaced. what is the most common issue between the computer and wires, that wont let the programming?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately it could be a number of things. It could be a loss of power to the computer, a bad ground or a wiring concern. If the dealer was not able to determine the cause then I would suggest you try a different dealer because it sure sounds like this one dose not know what there doing. Any good mechanic should be able to find the problem if they know what they are doing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
how much you think will be the price for that? just an estimate..
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately there really is no way to know that . Most shops will charge you by the hour and you are likely looking at at least 2 hours to trace and find the problem.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what dealer will be the best in houston texas?
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

I would go to a Mazda dealer , Im sure there is more them one in Huston and anyone of them should be able to handle this problem for you.