Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  17 years shop owner import
29331485

When I turn my car on everything reads ok. When I shift into

Customer Question

When I turn my car on everything reads ok. When I shift into gears, he check engine and the AT light comes on. After driving, the vehicle won't go higher than 3rd gear. Additionally, after I drove It roughly ten miles, 60 mph in 3rd gear, smoke started coming out of the engine. Please help!
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Greg replied 10 months ago.

Hi .

My Name is ***** ***** i will assist you with this issue ,

Okay you first need to get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for engine and transmission codes .

Transmission is in limp mode hence only up to 3rd gear .

Not much you can do until you have the codes ,

From the codes you will then know what has malfunctioned .

Take a easy slow drive down to AutoZone and have a free diagnostic scan done for codes ,

from the codes the tech will let you know what has malfunctioned and what course of action should be done .

Or you may get back to me with the codes and we can see if we can do a DIY repair at home .

Which ever route you take please get back to me if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.