peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

2004 Mazda 6, manual type climate control system. Problem:

Customer Question

2004 Mazda 6, manual type climate control system.
Problem: a/c switch, air intake selector, rear window defroster switch on dash console all fail to immuminate nor am I able to change the settings. i.e. The a/c is always on (a/c clutch is rotating) and I'm not able to change the status of the air intake selector (i think its stuck on recirculation). All fuses appear to be good, cabin filter replaced, outside vent in front of windshield is clear.
The temperature control selector operates and functions as does the heater/AC blower.
Air flow through the heater/AC vents is initially adequate but after about 20 minutes of operation the air flow is drastically reduced to almost nothing eventhough the blower is operating. A/c tubing under the engine hood is covered in frost.
How do I resolve these issues? Thanks.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal electrical fault with the heater/ac control on the dash itself.I have seen this control fail in the past before and cause issues like this here needing replaced.With all that is occuring here this sounds like it needs replaced to correct this fault.If you have not had the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can communicate with all computers in your vehicle this needs done.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.I suspect you will need to replace the control panel on the dash.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete