peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

My name is ***** *****, and i need help with my daughter's

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, and i need help with my daughter's Mazda 6. First is something simple, i think. How do you remove/check the larger fuses?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, my daughter's at college, and left her car at home. So we've been trying to start it every few weeks, but have had to jump it a few times. Once i screwed up and had one of the jumper cables backward. I realized pretty quick and disconnected, but it killed the battery. I've replaced that, and the lights come on, but does not start at all. My understanding is there could be several things wrong, but the fuses is the first thing to check.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Not right now, but will check back.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually most fuses pull up and out of the fuse panel.I know some can be tight to remove and may require a fuse puller to grasp the fuse and pull up and lift.Some fuses have a little screw that may hold them in place as well.If you can tell me the year and model of this vehicle I can look and see if there is a special procedure on removing the fuses just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is a 2002 Mazda 6, 4 door hatchback.

Can you double check the year as I dont see an option for a 2002 Mazda 6 model?Is it a newer year possibly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Could be a 2003. We had one thing on it that showed as a 2002, and another that showed it as 2003.

O.k.,thanks.2003 did have the model 6.

Most fuses pull up and out but there are some main fuses that need the screws removed from them to remove them as seen below.Remove these screws in the order indicated to remove these fuses if you need to replace any.Check all other fuses for any being blown needing replaced.If you do not locate any fuses at fault let me know so we can continue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2kjqijwjs3efqks/fuse-01-04.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will do. Thanks, Pete.

Your welcome