350matt
350matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer BEng Hons22 years experience
12772297

I have put 10 litres of petrol into my diesel tank. The car

Customer Question

I have put 10 litres of petrol into my diesel tank. The car has not been started and I want to know how I can drain the fuel, please
Category: Mazda
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

sorry to say that there's no drain tap on the tank and the usual method is to use a remote electric pump to suck it out via the filler neck

as most cars these days have an anti- siphon valve so you can no longer just use a length of hose

alternatively if you remove the back seat cushion and then remove the access panel above the tank you can then remove the tank access panel and siphon out from there

what you may want to consider is the hire of one of the specialist firms that will come to you, and clear out the tank, dispose of the contaminated fuel and fill you back up with regular fuel to get you on your way

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.