Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master certified, 30 years experience. Auto troubleshooting, electrical , ABS, SRS, EFI system
2947720

I have a 1994 mazda that wont start turns over but will not

Customer Question

I have a 1994 mazda that wont start turns over but will not hit. Is their a fuse for the ing?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

1994 Mazda what? What engine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what should I do then.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

It would be a good idea to let us know what type of vehicle it is for starters. Maybe what engine is in it, is it a tractor trailer? I can't say if a phone call would be to your benefit without knowing what you are working on, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its a 1994 Mazda Proteze thats belongs to some one else and they want me to get it running for them, they changed the battery and alternator so i thought the might have shot a fuse or something.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

There are some fuses for the ignition system. You will want to see if there is power to the coil, (+) also and that the distributor rotor is turning when the engine is cranking. Here is a diagram of the ignition system.

.

Let me see if I have any tests for it in the meantime, thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Most times when there is no spark and the fuses are good, (and the distributor rotor is turning) it is the igniter, (like an ignition module) that is bad.

.

I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Did you get that?