Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

, well, i have a 07 mazda cx7 that is not starting,

Customer Question

Customer: hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well, i have a 07 mazda cx7 that is not starting, i've already found out that it doesn't have spark, and the tcs light is flashing and the check engine light remains on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i can wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

While cranking the CEL remains on? If so then that is a sign that the PCM is not getting a signal from the crank sensor. This sensor is used to let the computer know when to fire the plugs.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.
You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.
Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.
Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.
Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not the sensor. Ohm out good, all grounds are good

OHM testing alone does not confirm a sensor is good. Can you use a scan tool to monitor the CKP reading the computer is receiving while cranking?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's right, I'll throw my Aultel scanner on it tomorrow and then let you know

Super

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris