Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 1996 mazda -2300 that will not put out warm air

Customer Question

I have a 1996 mazda B-2300 that will not put out warm air thru the heater. radiator is full and heater blower works good. Temp gauage on dashboard shows cold. This just happened when I was driving it home from work. I had a leak from the radiator and I put some Bar's stop leak today. any ideas?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Its possible that the bars leak clogged the heater core but if the temp gauge is accurate it may have clogged the thermostat open. I would start with a thermostat and see what that does to the temperature on the gauge. Also if you didnt run it on a radiator funnel after filling it you could have an air pocket in the system. After replacing the thermostat be sure to run it on a radiator funnel to get any air pockets out of the cooling system. Any auto parts store should have them.