Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

My name is ***** *****, and I want to know, on the 2001

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****, and I want to know, on the 2001 Mazda 626, where is the reset button for the anti thief system. I'm asking this because at time, my car won't star. Everything else come on, but there is no noise, or anything when I turn the key.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ok, at times the car will start with no problem, but after I park, and cut it off, and come back to the car to go somewhere else, put the key in, and turn it, the engine says nothing, no clicking noise, no humming, nothing. The battery, and fuses are good, everything else comes on, but the engine won't say anything.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question. There is no reset button for the anti theft system. The problem needs to be diagnosed and fixed. I can help you diagnose the problem.