cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

Car wont start security light blinks
, everything

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** car wont start security light blinks
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything lights up ok took it to the shop the said the key needs flashing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

have you had the key flashed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No can't get it started
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was able to drive from the shop
Monday

the problem is the car is not recognizing the key you need to get the key reprogrammed

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But before i could get the dealer it stop

so you have no way to get to the dealer is that what you are saying

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ill have to have it towed but why would it only work the 48 hour time period?

more then likely the shop used the immobilizer code so they could get the car started it is a temporary fix until a new key can be made or the other one can be reprogrammed you can just take the key to the dealer and the can reprogram it for you you do not have to take the car with you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks that was my worry
That is cool

not a problem please rate my service when you get the chance and if you need anything else please feel free to ask

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They said i had to bring the car as well as the key

screw that im going to give yuo the relearn procedure to relearn the key see if that works

The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.
Procedure:
1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to "on", leave on for at least one second (I wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster extiinguishes), remove the key from the ignition.
2. Within 5 seconds insert the second pre-programmed key and turn the ignition to "on" for at least one second but no more than 5 seconds (use the key symbol for this as well) then remove the second key.
3. within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to "on", if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then extinguish after about a second.

If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait a minute and try it again, it took me a few times to get it perfect and I had done it before.

you only need the one key

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
K trying it now

did you get it