Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Need help and stumped. Replaced timing chain, tensioner and

Customer Question

Need help and stumped. Replaced timing chain, tensioner and guides and VVT on 07 cx7 and now has a no start. Code p0340 and only one spark and done. Have checked and rechecked timing over and over. TDC and cam tool slides in both cams. Am 98% confident that's that's not the issue. Tested cam sencor with my vantage and has square wave form while cranking. Any ideas please
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I think I figured out my issue. When I installed balance it was not keyed. I just put it on a torqued it down. That balancer has to be times using the 6mm bolt hole from what I have been reading. Is this correct? Which would let the pcm locate number one cylinder at tdc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scratch this repair. I figured it out myself and its up and running good
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Just posting back to let you know your question did not go unnoticed. Glad to hear you got it resolved . No need to rate the service and thank you as well.