Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

My 2010 Mazda cx7 radiator was cracked...I replaced it an my

Customer Question

My 2010 Mazda cx7 radiator was cracked...I replaced it an my car was still running hot so my uncle removed the tstat..refilled the fluids an I drove it about 8 miles...it acted as if it wanted to stall out at a stop..but its an automatic..I pulled into oreilys due to the fact it started to run hot again..I cut it off but after that it wouldn't start again(1st time that happen) we had the oreilys guy hook it to the computer it took awhile to link up but when it did it said something about the third cylinder ..at the time my uncle removed the tstat he had to remove the tensioner an the belt as well..an then put them back on after the repair..what do you think could be going on..prior to all this after replacing the radiator only my heat wasn't working either which it did before the cracked radiator.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if this is the only code, then you first need to check the wires coming out of the throttle body, you will see where the harness goes next to an aluminum a/c line, can you check this and see if the harness has rubbed through on the line?