peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

I have a 2004 rx8 and recently when tting 90 mph the check

Customer Question

I have a 2004 rx8 and recently when hitting 90 mph the check engine light would start blinking and yes it was staying on. I drove it today and hit 5000 rpm quickly and it was like it was going to stall but instead kicked power and black smoke just poured
out the exhaust. i had it towed home and there was oil in the air filter alot of oil and of course in the hose that connects to it. it still turns over and runs sounds fine but smokes alot
Category: Mazda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i was told by a 2006 rx8 owner he had the sam problem and it was a pvc valve stuck open but all the diagrams iv'e looked at doesnt show one. is it called another name or something that acts somewhat the same. i seen something about selinoid of some kid causeing this. there is also oil coming out of the exhaust
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the valve covers for any vent hose that may run to the intake assembly.If any hoses are found inspect for any valves in the hoses at the intake or valve covers.If any valves are found these valves can restrict or stick and cause this issue here needing replaced.Inspect the hoses themselves to see if they are collapsed or damaged in any way needing replaced or repaired.If all of these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete