peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Ew, I have a 2014 Mazda Cx5. I have a security light on and

Customer Question

Hi Drew, I have a 2014 Mazda Cx5. I have a security light on and can't start the car with my fob. The dashboard lights up and the security light flashes. The same key I started the car with 10 minutes ago
Category: Mazda
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the car with the key fob or key and then see if it starts and runs then.If this does not work this can indicate either the immobilizer (the component that reads the fob) or the fob itself has failed suddenly and caused this no start/security issue.What will have to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete