Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a automotive tech
7276279

Mazda Miata MX-5 2001 w/ only 25K miles. Only driven

Customer Question

Mazda Miata MX-5 2001 w/ only 25K miles. Only driven occasionally, Often won't start after sitting a while (turns over, just won't start). Local garage hauls it to their shop, play with it for several days and return ir running. No parts replaced, no charges except transport. Have code reader, but pins are different on this auto. Any simple solution? If not, any permanent solution, even if costly?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse and proper fuel pressure. When it will not start you are going to need to check each one of these things to see which one you are lacking and post back with the results and I will try and help you determine what is causing this.