Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Mate... how are you?
, I bought an old Mazda MPV 2--2

Customer Question

Customer: Hi mate... how are you?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I bought an old Mazda MPV 2--2 just Saturday
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK ... no worries
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  john aka eauto replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will try and help. Can you tell me about the issue you are having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi John, my 2002 MPV 3.0L Auto V6 blows the fuse number 8 (40AMP) every day and I noticed the whole bonnet is very hot. I read fuse number 8 belongs to Air Fan 2 but I would like to have an advise from you.Thank you. Regards, Simone.

is the fan seized?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi John,
and thank you for your reply. No, the fan is OK and I am still trying to troubleshoot the problem. Unfortunately the problem occurs intermittently and I am trying to isolate the source. At the moment I can exclude fans and air conditioning system. What I noticed is that if I kick the starter with the key in NEUTRAL position rather than in PARKING POSITION, the problem disappear, the fuse does not blow and the car starts correctly. On the other hand, if I start the car with the P sometimes the fuse number 8 blows. Does it make sense to you? Thank you for your help.Regards:
SIMONE.