Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

96 mpv mazda hold light flashing transmission shift two

Customer Question

96 mpv mazda hold light flashing transmission shift two times at 3500 rpm
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The hold light flashing means the computer system is seeing a system fault and because the transmission is not shifting properly its likely a transmission concern. In order to know where to start you are going to need to retrieve the fault code and or codes first. To do so, jump the TAT terminal to ground or the GND terminal in the engine compartment diagnoses box and count the flashing pattern of the Hold light. Once you have the fault code and or codes post back and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am got 12
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The code 12 indicates a problem with the throttle position sensor and or the circuit to it. See the chart in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/code%2012%20Dec%205.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replace sensor does the same
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is that dropboxcontent
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

The drop box is the flow chart of the code 12 , did you have a look at it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was not able to it
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In order to determine the cause you need to do the testing before replacing any parts. If you are not able to do it then you should consider getting someone who can to help you with this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was not able to find the flow chart at drop box
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Can you connect a scan tool to the system and retrieve all codes and post back with them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where can i find that chart and that circuit for the trottle position sensor one shop said they were unable to clear code only one code
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me what the code was that the shop found?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Position sensor
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

What was the actual fault code number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First trans
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Im not understand you short responses and if you want help I need complete information. Have you hooked an OBD scan tool up to the computer and scanned the system and if so, what is the fault code your getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could u give me a call when u find the time(###) ###-####
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

In order to be able to call you you have to accept the additional service offer .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem man
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Ron i did give ur rating the last time we spoke
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Did you actually need help or was this question in reply to something else? Im a bit confused.