Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

First of all, thanks available to take questions, you're a

Customer Question

First of all, thanks for being available to take questions, you're a true patriot for helping folks out. My wife's 2008 Mazda 5 is making the exact same noise on the right front passenger side. It's been like that for 6 months, my question is, is she in any danger driving it for the next couple weeks when I'll have time to fix it?
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris and independent contractor that helps customers here.

It appears like your comparing your vehicles concerns to another you read about here or there, although we can not see that other post. Can you feel me in a little more prior to me confirming or not its drive able.

If it a moan, groan, or whine noise that comes and goes with swerving then its a tire wear issue or a wheel bearing failure. If its a tire then its an alignment concern normally and that can be put off if needed. A wheel bearing however needs to be addressed prior to driving 500 miles.

If its a clunk, knock, bang then it could be a weak or damaged tie rod end, ball joint, or stabilizer joint or CV joint. I again would not drive it more than 500 miles this way.

Thanks for letting me assist you. I hope I met all your expectations.

Please make sure to leave 1-5 star feedback when you can. If am not able to get every post rated I will no longer be able to help customers here. Selecting a star rating good or bad or not at all, has no effect on the fee you have been charged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Moose! it's definitely a clunk clunk, so if it is a weak or damaged tie rod end, ball joint, or stabilizer joint or CV joint; is this something I could get parts from my local Mazda dealer and fix at home? I do have basic Craftsman's tools (ie. 3 sizes of ratchets in both metric and standard, pliers, etc.) ~Gabe

Yes you can do repairs at home, depending on what you fond wrong. Worst case scenario a press or some pullers would be needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have instructions on how to replace those parts or even a YouTube video that could help me out so I might be able to do it myself.

Which parts have you checked, tested, inspected, found good or bad and need instructions on replacing. For me to upload Mazda repair files we have to do that in private contact using the offer I sent this morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Moose - I haven't had the time to check anything just yet, I'm just trying to get my duck in a row to see if it's something I believe I can do on my own. If I accept the offer, will you be able to help me decide what (and how) to check so I can pinpoint the exact issue?

I will help as best I can.